Website Grower's Choice
Grower’s Choice is a wholesale supplier of premium mulches, soil mixes, nursery mixes, golf mixes, and aggregates. Our customers range from home owners, nurseries, golf courses, landscapers and municipalities. We’re a small, but mighty team of hard-working professionals and we are currently recruiting a Landscape Supply Yard Foreman to join our team!
What you’ll be doing:
The Yard Foreman operates heavy equipment (loader), leads and supervises labourers, operators and production staff of the yard while under the direction of the General Manager. They assist the General Manager in planning, scheduling, production and delivery tasks and make sure everything is running smoothly and. Grower’s Choice is a manufacturer/wholesaler of mulches, soils, and granulars. This position is based in a gravel pit, and spends a majority of their time operating equipment, directing machines and people.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure yard and pit staff are being efficient with the use of their time and equipment (ie: following times for breaks and lunches, not idling equipment, using proper equipment for the task, etc.)
- Customer service– load and serve customers in a polite, timely, and efficient manner.
- Have strong product knowledge and understanding of the services offered in order to accurately answer staff inquiries.
- Comply with and enforce, the duties outlined within the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Industrial Establishments
- Complete and submit project paperwork daily (timesheets, packing slips, etc.)
- Perform and additional duties that may arise, from time to time, as directed by the General Manager.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Company-paid group benefits
- Pension plan
- Steady hours and long working season
- Opportunities for work during the winter season
- Completion of an apprenticeship in heavy equipment operation, experience as a landscape construction foreman or relevant years of experience is required
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working as a Site Foreman, or under the direction of a Site Supervisor within the landscape construction industry preferred
- DZ licence with clean driver’s abstract is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org